We have an opportunity for an experienced secretary to join our busy Residential Property team based at our head office in Stockton.
We will consider both full time and part time hours, but you must be able to work a minimum of 21.75 hours.
The day-to-day duties include:
- Opening files on practice management system
- Undertaking Solicitors Regulation Authority checks on law firms
- Photocopying and scanning
- Corresponding with clients and/or other law firms by e-mail, letter or telephone
- Ordering property searches
- Dealing with clients face to face and via telephone
- Producing and amending legal documents
- Applying to Land Registry with applications for registration following completion
- Scheduling completed documents and forwarding these to client
- Closing and archiving files, updating computer systems and dealing with any outstanding balances
- Dealing with requisitions raised by HM Land Registry
- Carrying out ID checks and Money Laundering checks on clients
- Pursuing Initial Client Documentation
- Dealing with LMS and Lender Exchange systems to update cases
- Typing dictation
- Preparing bills and Completion Statements and setting up completions in liaison with Accounts Department
- Abating and re-issuing bills
The ideal candidate will be a team player but equally capable of working on their own and will have a work ethic required to provide excellent levels of customer service at all times. You must be well organised and used to working in a busy team environment.
Most of our processes are automated and you will find that we work in a modern, efficient way. We excel in Customer Service and manage our caseloads so that we do not find ourselves unable to meet our clients customer service expectations or our employees work life balance needs.
As well as the great benefits we offer all our staff including a fantastic holiday package and hybrid working, if you enjoy socialising, we have plenty of networking and charity events for your to get involved with, as well as various staff activities and social events, but it’s our professionalism, outstanding team spirit and ability to tailor our service to our clients’ needs that makes us stand out from the crowd.
Jacksons really is a great place to work and whilst we do work hard, we pride ourselves on our commitment to flexibility and work life balance.
If you are interested in a rewarding career at Jacksons, please get in touch. You can apply directly by emailing email@example.com or call our HR department for an informal chat on 01642 356500.