Paul joined Jacksons in April 2016 as an Associate Solicitor in the employment team in Newcastle and was made Partner in October 2018. He qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and has since gained a reputation for providing clear, reliable advice.
Paul primarily advises clients on employment matters and has experience in wider civil litigation, particularly involving restrictive covenants, commercial agents and contractual disputes. A keen and able advocate, he has successfully represented clients before numerous employment tribunals and courts in England and Scotland and has also appeared before the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal (Scotland).
Paul’s recent employment tribunal and civil court cases have involved the following claims and issues:
- Unfair dismissal (including constructive dismissal)
- Discrimination (based on age, sex, race and/or disability)
- Whistleblowing (protected disclosures)
- Restrictive covenants (enforcing and defending breach allegations involving garden leave and confidentiality issues)
- Breach of contract (notice period, deduction of wages and holiday pay claims
Away from tribunal and court, Paul is equally at ease advising on non-contentious matters such as contracts of employment, services agreements, agency or consultancy contracts, staff handbooks, individual policies and procedures, compromise or settlement agreements and other commercial contracts.
Paul is keen to develop links with sportsmen and sportswomen, sporting organisations, clubs and societies, as this is a sector in which he has particular interest and is keen to build on his existing knowledge and experience.
Contact Paul Clark, Partner and Head of Employment.
DD: 0191 2069626