Premises License Applications/Variations – Range of Fees
Fixed fee for an application for a new premises license or variation of an existing application.
Fixed fee of £900 (including VAT but excluding disbursements).
This fee is made up of:
- Legal fees £750
- VAT on legal fees £150
Disbursements are costs related to your application that are payable to third parties, such as the advertising and application fees, and include:
- Application fee (payable to licensing authority) £nil-£1905*
- Advertising fee £450-£650
- Enquiry agent fees to display public notices – nil
- Special delivery fee to serve the application – nil
- Printing additional copies of plans if necessary-nil
*Application fees are based on the rateable value of the property and range from £100 to £1,905. If your premises have a nil rateable value it will fall into the lowest fee band. We will give you an accurate figure for each item as soon as we can do so.
The fixed fee includes:
- Taking instructions and advising on the promotion of the licensing objectives within your application
- Advice regarding plans required to be submitted with the application
- Completing the application form for a new premises license (including the operating schedule) per your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans. You must provide suitable plans
- Advice on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority
- Submitting copies of the premises licence application to the responsible authorities
- Drafting the notices advertising the premises licence application and submitting this to the local newspaper
- Arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003
- Providing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by yourself
- Checking the license once granted and correcting any errors with the licensing authority
The fee does not include:
- Obtaining suitable plans
- Attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or Responsible Authorities, nor their fee for this meeting
- Dealing with or advising you about queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties
- Attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received, and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee are required, then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate
How long will my application take?
Matters usually take five to nine weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is based on the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example, if there is substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.