For motoring offences under Part I of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and s89 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, where you are pleading guilty.
The key stages are based on the presumption that you are going to plead guilty a the offence and have a date for your hearing.
Motoring Offences Fixed Fee – £500 + £100 VAT. The total cost to include:
- Two hours attendance/preparation
- Considering prosecution evidence
- Advice in relation to plea and likely sentence of the court
- Where appropriate, advice on exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument
- Representation at a single hearing
We may charge additional fees in respect of travel to and from the court if the court is more than 30 miles from our office.
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of expert witnesses
- Taking statements from witnesses
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages
If you need to speak to a solicitor at Jacksons Law Firm about a motoring office we will:
- Meet with you at our office to take instructions on what happened
- Consider prosecution disclosure, and any other evidence
- Explain the court procedure to you so you know exactly what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court
- Conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you, if necessary, and answer any follow up queries you have
- Attend court on the day and meet with you beforehand
- Discuss the outcome of the case with you and advise on any appeal
We are unable to provide a precise time your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day. However, we anticipate being at court for half a day
The key stages are based on the presumption that you are minded to plead guilty to the offence and have a date for your hearing.