It is that time of year when, as we come to the festive season, we look back on the year. The usual television programmes will start soon reviewing the news, the music, the sport and the funny events of the year.
Well these are some of the highlights of 2018 for Jacksons:
- This year we have welcomed Heather Snowdon as head of our matrimonial team, Andrea Hanna as head of residential property, Jonathan Wall as head of a new build residential team and Amie Callan as head of finance. All four of these have strengthened our offering and we are delighted they have joined us.
- We have welcomed four new apprentices to the firm doing business administration apprenticeships and beginning their law firm careers.
- Just this month we have expanded our litigation team with the appointment of Leigh Ferguson.
- We strengthened our employment team in August with the appointment of Solicitor, Matthew Rowlinson and will be expanding the team further when consultant Nazia Aftab joins the team in January 2019.
- We have successfully implemented a new practice management system which will aid efficiency and enable us to develop the ways we can communicate with clients.
- We won the Insider Media North East Property Law Firm of the Year Award and were shortlisted in the categories for Team of the Year, commercial property, employment and litigation, Law Practice Management and Trainee of the Year at the Northern Law Awards.
- We have won a number of significant new clients, have been appointed to the legal panel of TVCA and have been reappointed to the NFU legal panel for our area.
- We have appointed two new partners in Karen Robinson, our Head of Business Development and Marketing and Paul Clark our Head of Employment and our first non-executive consultant in Bob Cuffe.
- We have celebrated a wedding and four new babies for our staff.
- The whole firm has completed a customer service course with the help of Learning Curve.
- Two trainees have qualified as solicitors.
- We have welcomed countless work experience students through our doors from the programmes we run for school, college and university students, including a law day for High Tide charity.
- We have supported the Link as our charity of the year and raised funds for them.
So now we look forward to the Christmas holidays, for a well- deserved rest with our families and friends, and look forward to 2019. We have already got exciting plans for this and look forward to sharing these with you soon. In the meantime, all that is left for me to do, on behalf of the partners and staff of Jacksons, is to wish you all Season’s Greetings and a very happy new year. We look forward to seeing you and working with you in 2019.