Careers at Jacksons Law Firm
Vacancies at Jacksons Law Firm will be posted on this site as soon as they are announced so please check this page regularly.
In the meantime, if you are looking for a career in law, please email your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you think you should be considered for a position at Jacksons to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance Graduate (Stockton on Tees)
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time position
SALARY: Dependent upon experience plus benefits and study support
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Finance Graduate, ideally with some accounting / finance experience to join one of the longest established law firms in the North East of England. The role will offer practical finance experience with the option to run simultaneously with professional exams (AAT) which the company will support.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, role responsibilities will include:
- Credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledger
- Reconciling balances and complete analysis of balance sheet items
- Adhering to Solicitor Accounting Rules
- General administration support
- Audit and general control reviews
The role will be varied, the above list in not exhaustive, with the opportunity to learn all aspects of the finance function which is a great platform to really excel into a finance professional role. Full training will be provided along with supervision and support. You will be joining a team of five who are friendly, supportive and are looking forward to welcoming you into the team.
Ideal candidates for the Finance Graduate role must have the following skills and experience:
- A graduate with an accounting / finance related degree or finance qualification ideally with some relevant finance or accounting experience. We will consider applications from candidates that are working towards a degree and / or have relevant finance or accounting experience without a degree
- Willing to work towards formal qualification such as the AAT
- Excellent communicative ability with an outgoing personality
- Strong analytical, numerical and reconciliation skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Proactive with a willingness to take on new challenges
- Articulate with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to pick things up quickly whilst maintaining accuracy
The Finance Graduate role is an excellent entry point into an ambitious and friendly organisation with an excellent opportunity to develop and acquire new skills.
Legal Executive – Tees Valley office
We are looking for a legal executive to assist the firm’s expanding regulatory practice.
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time position
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
Applicants should have:
- Knowledge and experience of criminal court procedure and preferably a background, or keen interest, in agriculture.
Based in our Tees Valley office, but with some travel throughout the North East to visit clients, the successful applicant will work closely with the partner leading our regulatory team and will be encouraged to develop the specialist knowledge needed to advise the firm’s many clients in this growing area of our practice.
To apply for either of these positions, please contact email@example.com.
Jacksons Law Firm recruits trainee solicitors each year offering positions to a mix of law, non-law and joint honours graduates and to people who have changed career completely. We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with excellent academic qualifications with practical and social skills.
When you join our firm, you will be offered a contract based in our Teesside office. You will be welcomed, as part of our firm, from day one and encouraged to take an active part in the opportunities provided in both our Teesside and Newcastle office.
Your training will involve four, six-month seats in four of the following practice areas:
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial property
- Wills, Trust and Probate
We will try to offer you experience in your areas of particular interest, but this cannot always be guaranteed. All trainees are assigned a partner who will mentor you throughout your contract, provide advice, guidance and support when needed. You will also have access to our HR manager who can assist your career development with Jacksons.
In addition to a competitive trainee salary, our benefit package includes:
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Membership of Jacksons’ pension scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
If you would like to apply for a training contract with Jacksons, please fill in an application form which can be found by clicking on the link below, and return it to Adrienne Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01642 356 500.