Jacksons Law Firm has a team of agricultural and rural specialist advisers.
Our team works closely with the farming community and rural businesses in the North East of England about all of their legal needs. We advise land owners, farmers, growers, distributors plus many other rural enterprises. We have worked hard to earn an excellent reputation for dealing with commercial and personal matters in a professional and caring manner, advising people on a wide range of issues such as:
- Agricultural subsidies and grants
- Agricultural tenancies and succession
- Agricultural tied housing
- Animal health and welfare
- Buying / selling agricultural property
- Company formation and disputes
- Dispute resolution
- Environmental and nuisance notices
- Footpaths and rights of way
- Health and safety
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Partnership agreements and disputes
- Powers of attorney covering personal and business affairs
- Road traffic incidents
- Succession planning
- Tax planning
- Traffic nuisance notices
- Waste management
- Water and air pollution
- Wills and probate
Please see our Agriculture and rural affairs team sheet for more details of the services we offer.
We are proud to have been on the National Farmers Union (NFU) Legal Panel for the North East of England since it was established in 1999 and have been providing legal advice to NFU members for over 30 years. All members receive an initial free consultation and a 12.5% discount on all fees incurred on matters relating to the farming business.
As one of only two Legal Panel firms for the North East, we are offering a free initial ‘Health Check’
initiative to members (to demonstrate our commitment to the NFU and its members).
Simply complete a Legal Health Check Questionnaire and return it to us.
Laurie Norris, NFU County Advisor