Jacksons understands the importance of establishing and preserving effective employment relationships. Whether it is through the efficient operation of policies and procedures or the creation of contracts that fairly reward both parties, Jacksons Employment Team is able to provide the highest quality of support.
Our Employment team provides strategic advice on business transfers, reorganisation and redundancy. If your business is the subject of a claim we offer expert Employment Tribunal representation. We can also provide access to an excellent insurance product designed to support employers in managing their businesses effectively without the fear associated with litigation.
Jacksons also provides advice and support in high-profile and developing areas of employment law such as those relating to drug & alcohol testing, immigration, stress and depression-related absences, social media and employee data. We are also asked frequently to provide bespoke in-house training to mangers and HR professions for a number of high-profile clients.
Our focus from the outset in dealing with any matter is to understand your needs and priorities. We carefully tailor our support to meet these, offering innovative and commercial solutions.
The full range of our specialisms includes:
- Business transfers and TUPE
- Contracts and policies
- Contract variation
- Disciplinary action and suspension
- Discrimination, including victimisation, bullying and harassment
- Drug and alcohol dependency and testing
- Employee data, monitoring and surveillance
- Employment Tribunal representation
- Executive severance
- Family rights and flexible working
- HR support
- IT and social media
- Pay and benefits
- Performance and appraisal
- Redundancy and business reorganisation
- Restrictive covenants
- Severance and settlement agreements
- Sickness and incapability
- Trade unions and industrial action
- Working time and holidays
Our Employment Team has an excellent track record of supporting clients in the following sectors:
- Chemical & processing
- Engineering & manufacturing
- Information technology
- Logistics & transport
- Professional services
- Waste & recycling
For start-ups, new business and smaller SMEs we can offer our Employment Start-up Business Package providing the essential employment documents and subsidised ongoing support.
For more established businesses, we have developed a bespoke service to provide comprehensive employment law support for an annual subscription fee. Our Jacksons Employment Support service (JES) includes:
• an extensive audit of a client’s employment documents to ensure that they have an appropriate range of up to date policies and procedures;
• unlimited access to a solicitor in our Employment Law department for prompt advice on any employment matter;
• training and support through our monthly newsletters and periodic seminars;
• Employment Tribunal representation at discounted hourly rates or, for ultimate peace of mind, insurance to cover the cost of employment tribunal proceedings, including settlements and awards.